Happy almost Halloween, rioters! To get you in the holiday spirit, we have yet another treat using our fair trade chocolate: dark chocolate covered strawberry ghosts! We used our 70% cacao squares, but feel free to experiment with your favorite sweetriot riotBar ☺ This recipe is super simple, but definitely for the more artistic chocoholics. You might be able to tell we had a little difficulty making our chocolate ghosts look like, well, actual ghosts. That definitely doesn’t mean they didn’t taste incredible though, so check out the recipe below for this quick and healthy DIY dessert!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1 carton of strawberries, washed
2-3 squares of favorite sweetriot chocolate (depending on how coated you want the strawberries to be)
A handful of edible candy eyeballs (you can find these at most major supermarkets and convenient stores)
A sheet of parchment paper
Here’s what you do:
1. Wash the strawberries and lie them out on a paper towel to dry
2. In the mean time, unwrap the right amount of chocolate to taste (we used roughly 15 squares for 5 well-sized strawberries)
3. Put the squares in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute on high depending on how much chocolate you use
4. Take the bowl out and stir the chocolate. Place the bowl back in the microwave for another 30 seconds to 1 minute. If the chocolate is not entirely melted, that’s okay!
5. Stir until the chocolate has a liquid consistency and quickly dip the strawberries in the bowl before the chocolate hardens.
6. Place the chocolate strawberries on the parchment paper and stick on the candy eyeballs.
7. Use a knife or toothpick to swirl the excess chocolate coating into a “ghost tail” (which we obviously did super well)
8. Allow the chocolate strawberries to chill for 15 minutes and do not take them out of the refrigerator until they’re ready to eat!
Simple as that – just be careful not to get chocolate everywhere like we did. When it comes to clean up, remember to let the extra chocolate harden in the bowl and then throw it away (or hey, ya know, eat it). If you wash it down the sink it will harden and clog up your drain ☹ Have a great Halloween, rioters, and check back for a super cute surprise from our staff on Friday!