Hey Rioters! We have a special treat for you in honor of the fall season and to keep the celebration going for Fair Trade Month! We modified a recipe from Chelsea’s Messy Apron to create our Nib-chip Pumpkin Muffins, so definitely go check out more of her yummy recipes. These muffins are super easy to make, fair trade adapted and also healthy! Especially when using sweetriot’s cacao nibs. Check out our recipe below, and keep your eyes out for more sweetriot recipes in the works!
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons brown sugar, lightly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/3 - 1/2 cup sweetriot dark cacao nibs (depending on how much of a chocolate lover you are!)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray; do not use muffin liners with these.
- Combine the pumpkin, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, and egg in a bowl. Beat until combined.
- In another bowl, stir together the salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice (if desired), and oat flour.
- Add the dry to the wet mixing until just combined. (Over-mixing will result in dense muffins)
- Stir in the chocolate nibs.
- Separate the mixture evenly among 9 muffin cavities and place a few extra chocolate nibs on top if desired (makes em look prettier!)
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Remove and allow to cool and then remove them from the muffin tin.
- These muffins are a lot tastier and softer when slightly under-baked so err on the side of less baking rather than over baking.